Oat Flour Waffles
Oat flour waffles are naturally gluten free and have an added protein kick from almond flour and almond milk for energy to fuel your morning.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 18 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 cup oat flour (about 2 1/4 cups rolled oats, finely ground)*
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 cup plain almond milk (or milk of choice, room temperature*)
- 2 eggs (preferably room temperature)
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup (plus extra for serving)
- cooking spray
Turn waffle maker on to allow it to preheat.
Mix all dry ingredients together. Add coconut oil, milk, eggs, vanilla, and maple syrup and stir to combine or pulse with a hand mixer and just combined. Do not over mix or your waffles will be dense! A few lumps are okay.
Let batter sit for 7-8 minutes.
Spray inside of waffle maker lightly with cooking spray.
Pour enough batter into center of waffle maker that it will spread out to the outer parts without overflowing (amount depends on size of waffle maker). Cook in waffle maker until golden and crispy.
Remove from waffle maker and either plate and serve immediately or keep warm in a preheated 200 – 225 degree oven while other waffles are cooking. Do not stack waffles or they will get soggy!
Repeat steps 4-6 for remaining batter.* Serve with syrup or other favorite toppings.
- The exact amount you get will depend on how thick your oats are and how fine you grind them.
- If milk is cold, warm in microwave for 30 - 45 seconds.
- If batter gets too thick to pour at the end, add a *tiny* splash of water or almond milk to thin it out just enough to pour.
- Store waffles in refrigerator up to 4 days in an airtight container or on the counter for 2 days. To reheat, separate waffle sections and then microwave for 20 - 30 seconds.
- To freeze, put them in an airtight bag or container and freeze for up to 3 months. To reheat, place in toaster for 3-5 minutes (actual time depends on the temperature of your toaster) or break into sections and microwave.
Calories: 417kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 431mg | Potassium: 417mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 79IU | Calcium: 254mg | Iron: 3mg