Healthy Curry Chicken Salad with Grapes and Yogurt
This healthy curry chicken salad is a perfect snack or lunch, lightened up with grapes, yogurt, carrot, and some red pepper and pistachio for extra crunch.
- 1 lb. chicken breast (2 cups when diced)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 Tbsp. honey (or agave syrup)
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup red grapes, halved or quartered depending on size
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 2 Tbsp. finely diced red onion
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/3 cup roasted salted nuts (cashews, pistachios, or almonds all work great)
Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add chicken and cook for about 10 minutes until chicken is cooked (internal temperature should read 165° F).
Remove chicken from water and let sit until cool enough to handle and dice into 1/4” cubes.
Mix yogurt, mayonnaise, honey, mango chutney, and curry powder, salt, and pepper together in a medium sized bowl.
Add chicken, raisins, grapes, red pepper, onion, carrot, and nuts and stir to coat all ingredients evenly.
Season with additional salt, pepper and curry powder if desired. Eat plain, in a sandwich, with crackers, with veggies, or any other way that sounds good to you. Keeps in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Calories: 434kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 492mg | Potassium: 871mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 3260IU | Vitamin C: 30.8mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 3mg