Instant Pot Chicken Curry with Eggplant
This easy Instant Pot chicken curry with eggplant recipe is full of Indian flavors that will have you making it again and again for quick weeknight dinners!
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. minced or grated ginger
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1 large eggplant, diced into 1" pieces
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomato (or a 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes with juice)
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs, fat removed and cut into 2" pieces
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
Press the sauté button on the Instant Pot and set at highest setting.
Add coconut oil and onion to pot and sauté onion for about 10 minutes until browned.
Add garlic, ginger, cumin, pepper, paprika, salt, turmeric, and garam masala and stir for 1 minute.
Add tomatoes, eggplant and chicken and stir to evenly coat. Secure the Instant Pot lid and close the pressure valve. Set Instant Pot to cook for 6 minutes at high pressure.
When Instant Pot beeps, release pressure manually.
Remove lid and stir lime juice into curry. Adjust salt level to taste. Serve over rice or quinoa and sprinkle each serving with chopped cilantro.
- *Cook time does not include the time that it will take for the Instant Pot to come to pressure. Expect it to take approximately 15-20 minutes of additional time for this to happen. Exact time will vary depending on the amount of ingredients in the pot and the Instant Pot model you are using.
- ** To make spicy, add 1/8 - 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper along with other spices.
- *** Recipe was adapted from an Indian curry recipe byAshely at My Heart Beets.
Calories: 313kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 161mg | Sodium: 640mg | Potassium: 1008mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1380IU | Vitamin C: 16.8mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 3.6mg