Cranberry Herb Goat Cheese Log
Delicious cranberry herb goat cheese log that's perfect for the holidays! With pomegranate, parsley, pecans, cranberry sauce, honey and cracked black pepper.
- 8 oz. goat cheese log (can use two 4 oz. logs pushed together)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley, divided
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped*
- 2/3 cup cranberry sauce, divided
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Fresh cracked pepper
Mix 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley with the pomegranate arils and pecans in a small bowl.
Smear half of the cranberry sauce on a serving plate.
Place goat cheese log on serving plate on top of cranberry sauce.
Pat pomegranate/pecan/parsley mixture onto cheese letting any extra fall around the log onto the plate.
Spoon remaining cranberry sauce over the top of the log.
Sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley, drizzle with honey, and then top lightly with fresh cracked pepper.
Serve immediately with crackers, toasted bread, and/or sliced veggies.
* To toast pecans, either toast in over preheated to 350° oven for about 5 minutes or microwave for 1- 2 minutes until toasty, checking and stirring every 30 seconds.
** If needed, you can rub the log with the pomegranate, parsley, and pecan mixture several hours ahead of time and chill until it is time to serve. Then pull it out of the refrigerator, add cranberry sauce, honey, and black pepper per the recipe instructions.
Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 113mg | Potassium: 71mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 614IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1mg