Chicken Potato Casserole
Chicken potato casserole is comfort food at its finest, full of flavor but loaded with chicken and veggies to makes the dish deceptively light and healthy.
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breasts, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 1/2 lbs. yellow potatoes, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 2 red peppers, seeds removed and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cup onion, cut into 1" pieces (use outer, larger rings of onion for this)
- 1 head garlic cloves, separated and skin removed (cut larger cloves in half*)
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
Preheat oven to 425° F (218° C). Spray baking dish with cooking spray or rub with additional oil.
Use a kitchen towel or paper towels to dry chicken and vegetables off and absorb excess moisture.
Place chicken, potatoes, red pepper, onion slices, and garlic into prepared baking dish and drizzle with 3 Tbsp. oil.
Add paprika, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and rub in with hands to coat evenly.
Place in preheated oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring once half way through.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Turn oven to broil and cook for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
*Can use 2 tsp. minced garlic or 1 tsp. garlic powder instead if desired.
** This recipe was inspired and adapted from Life in the Loft House's Loaded Chicken Potato Casserole recipe.
Calories: 365kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 666mg | Potassium: 1070mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2340IU | Vitamin C: 70.4mg | Calcium: 192mg | Iron: 5mg