Soba Noodles with Peanut Sauce
Nutrient rich soba noodles smothered in creamy, delicious peanut sauce and tossed with fresh vegetables and Thai basil for a tasty and healthy main dish.
- 8 ounces buckwheat soba noodles
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 10 ounce pkg. frozen pre-shelled edamame beans, defrosted
- 3 green onions, sliced
- ½ cup Thai basil leaves, roughly torn
- 1 ¾ cup Peanut sauce (1 full recipe)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
While water is coming to a boil, make peanut sauce (separate recipe linked above but included in total cooking time).
Add soba noodles and edamame beans to boiling water and cook for about 4 minutes.
Drain noodles and beans and toss with peanut sauce, carrot, red pepper, green onion, and basil. This dish can be eaten hot or chilled.
Calories: 576kcal | Carbohydrates: 79g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1938mg | Potassium: 646mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 6275IU | Vitamin C: 46.4mg | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 3.6mg