Cucumber Salad with Orzo, Dill, and Lemon
Delicious cucumber salad is loaded with orzo, red pepper, and kalamata olives tossed in a refreshing lemon dill dressing.
Servings 8 side dish servings
- 2 large English Cucumbers (or 3 -4 regular cucumbers, quartered long-ways and then cut into 1/4 inch pieces)
- 1 red pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1 cup uncooked orzo (can use whole wheat or gluten free)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup halved kalamata olives
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. minced fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. honey or agave
Cook orzo al dente per package instructions. Drain but DO NOT rinse with cold water.
Stir cucumbers, red pepper, onion, and kalamata olives into orzo.
Add all dressing ingredients into a small container with a lid and shake to mix thoroughly. Pour dressing into bowl with orzo and vegetables and toss to combine.
Refrigerate salad for at least 3 - 4 hours, preferably overnight.
Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 203mg | Potassium: 217mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 790IU | Vitamin C: 26.2mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 0.7mg