Lemon Brown Rice
Lemon brown rice seasoned with dill and other herbs, pistachios, garlic, and feta that pairs perfectly as a side dish for seafood, chicken, or anything else!
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (I used basmati rice)
- 1/4 cup roasted salted pistachios, lightly chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. minced garlic
Add all dressing ingredients together into a small well sealing container (mason jars work well) and shake vigorously to emulsify. Set dressing aside and let sit
Stir rice, pistachios, and feta together in a medium bowl.
Shake dressing one more time and then pour over rice mixture and toss with a spoon. Serve right away.
- Can be eaten warm or cold.
- Keeps in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. If rice becomes too dry, add a small amount of oil and toss before eating.
- Pairs well with fish or any dishes seasoned with dill.
Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 228mg | Potassium: 182mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 333IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 1mg