Prosciutto Melon Skewers
Light, refreshing prosciutto melon skewers are elevated in extra flavor from pesto, balsamic glaze and mozzarella - it's the prefect healthy appetizer!
Servings 16 servings (approximately 5 skewers/svg)
- 3 cups cantaloupe, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 4 oz. prosciutto, each slice torn into 12 pieces
- 8 oz. pearl mozzarella, drained*
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic glaze*
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
Skewer a toothpick with mozzarella, then prosciutto, then cantaloupe.
Repeat, placing each skewer on a serving plate as you go. It will fill 2 plates or a large platter, depending on how much you space them out.
Once all skewers are complete, spoon a small amount of pesto onto each skewer.
Top with a small amount of balsamic glaze (the squirt bottle on store bought glaze makes this really easy but a spoon can be used as well).
Sprinkle fresh cracked pepper and salt over the top of the skewers and serve immediately.
- You can sub pearl mozzarella with ciliegine mozzarella, cutting each into 6 pieces.
- To make your own balsamic glaze: Heat 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar and 3 Tbsp. sugar (white, brown or coconut) in a small pan over medium heat, whisking to dissolve sugar while bringing to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally until vinegar has reduced by about half. Remove glaze from stove, let sit for 1-2 minutes, then spoon over prepared skewers.
- Skewers can be made up to two hours ahead of time and topped with pesto and balsamic glaze, salt, and pepper right before serving. Put them standing up in a sealing container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Calories: 93kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 98mg | Potassium: 94mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1093IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1mg