Air Fryer Asparagus
Air fryer asparagus will be your new favorite low-carb quick and easy side dish since it is absolutely delicious, healthy and done in a matter of minutes!
- 1 bunch asparagus*
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil or avocado oil or even just cooking spray
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Pinch black pepper a little less than 1/8 tsp.
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice juice from half a lemon
- 1/4 Cup (optional) finely grated parmesan or 1-2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
Preheat air fryer to 400° (205° C).
Trim woody ends off bottom of asparagus.
Rub asparagus with olive oil and then sprinkle with salt and pepper (I usually eyeball it and end up using about ¼ tsp. salt and a a little under 1/8 tsp. pepper).
Arrange asparagus in a single layer* and cook in air fryer for 6-10 minutes depending on thickness (thin for 6-7mins and thick for 8-10 mins). Start checking for desired doneness at 5 minutes and every 2 minutes after that.
Place asparagus on a serving plate and squeeze lemon over the top. Sprinkle with parmesan if desired and serve immediately. As with all air fryer foods, the crispiness doesn't last long so serve and eat quickly for best flavor.
- Asparagus is typically sold in a "bunch" which is about 3" (about 7.5 cm) across on the bottom when held bunched together in your hand.
- The woody ends are typically about 2” on the bottom and if you’re not sure where to cut, break one with your hand. Where it breaks easily is the length you should cut them all.
- If you have too much asparagus or a small air fryer basket, you can chop the asparagus spears into thirds and shake the air fryer basket once in the middle of the cook time.
- For ultimate crispiness make sure asparagus is dry before rubbing with oil.
- Tweak the seasoning to fit your favorite flavors or what you're serving. A few ideas of what you can add: garlic powder, onion powder, herbs de Provence, tarragon, or sprinkle with fresh dill, basil or parsley on completion.
Calories: 61kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 215mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 84IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 1mg