This chocolate hummus is loaded with protein, low carb, sugar free and the perfect snack or healthy dessert paired with fresh berries!
- 15 ounce can garbanzo beans drained, reserving 2 Tbsp. of the water from the can
- 2 Tbsp. reserved liquid from bean can
- 2 scoops Isopure Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Powder
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. stevia powder optional*
- crushed peanuts as garnish optional
Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy.
Scrape chocolate spread from pan and serve as a dip or spread. Wash blender right away or it will be difficult to clean.
Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Use as a dip for fruit such as strawberries, sliced banana, or apples, or as a spread.
- If you aren't following a sugar free diet or don't like stevia, you can sub in 1-2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup, honey or agave nectar to taste.
- For a stronger peanut butter flavor, add 2-3 Tbsp. of peanut butter to the blender along with other ingredients. Add extra milk if needed to thin it out.
Serving: 0.25cup | Calories: 61kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 168mg | Potassium: 147mg | Fiber: 2g | Vitamin A: 6IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 1mg