Crock-Pot Indian Curry with Chicken
Let the crock-pot do the work with this exotic spice filled chicken Indian curry and come home to a delicious dinner simmering and ready to eat. Yum!
Servings 6 servings
- 2 lbs. chicken breast (cut into 1" pieces)
- 1 medium onion (finely minced)
- 2 Tbsp. butter (or coconut oil for dairy free)
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. peeled and grated ginger
- 2 cups fresh roma tomatoes (diced)
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 2 Tbsp. garam masala
- 2 tsp. dried turmeric
- 1 tsp. Thai red curry paste
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 13.5 oz. canned coconut milk (I used lite)
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
Add all ingredients to a crock pot, except for cayenne pepper. Cook on low for 4-6 hours until chicken is cooked, stirring occasionally throughout this time.
Taste and adjust spice level if needed by adding ground cayenne pepper. Adjust other spices (salt, paprika, etc.) if needed. Simmer an additional 20 - 30 minutes after adding spices.
Serve with rice and garnish each dish with fresh cilantro.
Calories: 433kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 627mg | Potassium: 1099mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1745IU | Vitamin C: 12.3mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 5.5mg