Welcome to Feasting Not Fasting!
My name is Christy Gurin and I started cooking, baking and helping in the kitchen when I was old enough to reach the counter. I’m a busy food lover that craves flavor but am always short on time. I have a feeling this might describe you too.
What You’ll Find Here
On this website, you’ll find healthy dinner recipes, many of which are quick 30 minute meals. Others are weekend meals that are worth the extra effort but try to incorporate short cuts wherever possible. We have ground turkey recipes (try the turkey spaghetti sauce!), salmon dinners, and loads of chicken recipes that are simple yet flavorful and satisfying.
Most recipes on this site are relatively simple, made from scratch, and use non-processed (or less processed) ingredients like my portobello mushrooms and turkey tacos. Most recipes are gluten-free or have gluten-free alternatives (see my story below for the why), and I include other dietary substitutions wherever possible. This being said, I don’t follow any hard and fast diet rules and just do my best to help you do the same!
I focus on creating wholesome recipes that incorporate veggies and add more nutrition wherever possible without sacrificing flavor. Everything you eat doesn’t need to be good for you but making some small changes can have a huge impact!
My healthy baked goods are a great way to meal prep breakfasts for busy weekdays breakfasts too. Using oat flour, almond flour, hemp hearts, and other nutritious ingredients makes them satisfying, nourishing and filling.
I know that we’re all busy so I try to find shortcuts anywhere it doesn’t detract from the end result. Food is such an important part of life and feasting and having fun with it is what this blog is all about.
I’m so happy you stopped by! Dive in, try a recipe, and join me at the table.
Favorite Reader Recipes
Every recipe shared here is delicious but these are some of the most popular recipes on Feasting Not Fasting:
- Baked Portobellos
- Vegetarian Quiche
- Pork Tenderloin Carnitas
- Shredded Chicken Crock Pot Tacos
- Sautéed Spinach
- Chocolate Protein Overnight Oats
- Oat Flour Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
And here are a few of my personal favorites:
I am a born and raised Alaskan and live with my husband and daughter in the Pacific NW. I have a Masters of Business Administration degree (MBA) with a focus in sustainability and left the corporate world to run this website and do food and product photography full time. To say I LOVE food would be an understatement.
I have over 20 years of experience as a home cook creating delicious, health conscious food. Here I am cheffing it up with my Nana at 13 years old on the left and sharing that love for food with my own daughter on the right.
In the early days of running this website, I shared healthy(ish) recipes but still ate pretty much everything under the sun. Lots of eating out, drinking, and desserts on top of those nutritious meals. Then in my early 30’s I started developing skin rashes and stomach problems and went down a rabbit hole trying to pinpoint the cause.
After several years of elimination diets, countless doctor visits, naturopathic treatments, and wild experimentation, I’ve changed the way I eat. I limit sugar, gluten, alcohol and dairy and my skin and gut are healthy and I feel GREAT. I’m sharing so you understand MY why and to encourage you to listen to your own body and what it’s telling you.
A Few Places I’ve Been Featured
- Stemilt Fruit – Baking Tips: How to Bake with Fresh Fruit
- Healthline – Are Mushrooms Good for You? (Marinated Portobellos)
- Buzzfeed Food – Create a Smoothie Bowl (linked to our Hemp Hearts Guide)
- Flipboard – 10 Delicious & Festive Holiday Mimosas (Rosemary Pomegranate Mimosa)
- Glamour – 9 Smoothies for Healthy Glowing Skin (Beet Smoothie)
- Allure – Smoothies for Healthy Glowing Skin (Beet Smoothie)
- Well And Good – Smoothies for Healthy Glowing Skin (Beet Smoothie)
- Greatist – 7 Healthier Scone Recipes to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth (Whole Wheat Pumpkin Scones)
- Brit+Co – 12 Peanut Butter Recipes That Are (OMG!) Perfect for Dinner (African Peanut Soup)
- SheKnows – 20 Hair-of-the-dog cocktails that are totally acceptable to sip before noon (Rosemary Pomegranate Mimosa)
- Boston Magazine – 14 Healthy Pancake Recipes to Make for Brunch (Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes)
- Stylecaster – 75 Not-Boring Snack Ideas Under 100 Calories (Cajun Kale Chips)
- Noom – Recipe Roundup: 15 Healthy Alternatives for Any Summer Social (Watermelon Mint Skewers)
I’ve had people ask what they can do to support me and this site and the most impactful thing is to leave a review and star rating on the recipe post when you make a recipe. I read each one and appreciate it so much!
Disclaimers and Copyright
I am not a professional chef or dietician. I share what I have found works in the kitchen and what I consider to be healthy, which continues to change and grow over time as I learn more and more research is done on the topic.
All copyright laws are applicable on this blog and it’s contents. If you want to use my pictures to promote my recipe or website in general, please email for permission. If granted, you may do so by sharing one photograph as long as you include a link back to my original post and provide credit to Feasting Not Fasting. Do not repost recipes or other content from this website without my explicit permission.
I support the costs of running this website through advertising, sponsorships, affiliate relationships, and other paid compensation. This does not influence my writing or recommendations and all opinions are completely my own.
The contents of this statement can be updated at any time, per my discretion. Please see my full privacy and disclosure policy for more information.