Healthy Cauliflower Fritters with Dipping Sauce
These healthy keto cauliflower patties are cheesy, full of flavor, high protein, kid-friendly and paired with a delicious creamy tahini lime dipping sauce.
Servings 4 people (12 patties)
- 3 Cups cauliflower florets 1 small cauliflower or ½ of a large cauliflower
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 1/2 cup grated cheese cheddar is our favorite here
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil divided (or whichever oil you prefer)
Bring pot of water to a boil.
Add cauliflower and boil for about 6-7 minutes until softened but not falling apart (time will depend on size for florets).
Pour into strainer and drain.
Chop cauliflower florets into smaller 1/8” sized pieces and then dump into a medium sized bowl.
Add all other patty ingredients except oil and stir to mix well.
Start heating half of the oil in a skillet over medium-low heat (add remaining oil as needed while cooking patties).
Create 1/4” thick patties using about 2 Tbsp. of mixture per patty.
Place patties into heated pan and cook for 6- 8 minutes per side.
While patties cook, mix dressing by whisking together until thoroughly combined or mix in blender.
Serve warm cauliflower patties with dipping sauce.
- *If your tahini is separated, stir well or if it's too hard, just make sure you get some of the oil and paste when you're measuring.
- Patties and sauce can be kept in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat patties in microwave or on a skillet prior to eating.
- If using for baby led weaning, skip the dipping sauce, chop the cauliflower smaller and make sure you boil until the florets are really soft, not just parboiled.
- For picky older kids, try using 3/4 cup cheese and serving with ketchup or ranch.
Serving: 3patties | Calories: 377kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 496mg | Potassium: 347mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 504IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 198mg | Iron: 3mg