Want healthy Super Bowl recipes to avoid noshing on junk this Sunday? Check out this recipe round up for some delicious, lighter snacks to fuel up on game day!
I almost forgot about one of America’s favorite holidays altogether this year. Not being a football fan, I honestly wouldn’t have remembered at all if a friend hadn’t mentioned it a few days ago. Just because I don’t follow the game, doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy a good Super Bowl party. And what’s a party without snacks!
In trying to figure out what to make, I wanted to stray from typical game day fare and make a few healthy Super Bowl recipes. Although wings and potato skins are epically delicious, we fly out the day after the big game for a tropical vacation which makes downing thousands of calories worth of snacks a bit less tempting. You know, bikinis and all.
If the Super Bowl isn’t on your radar then you probably fall into the same “I just come for the snacks” category as me. I don’t even care about the commercials anymore. Its all about the snacks baby.
So, I went on a hunt for the best healthy super bowl recipes the internet has to offer. I’m hoping this recipe round up will help all the other slackers out there that are just realizing game day is tomorrow.
And for those of you that don’t watch or care about the Super Bowl whatsoever, these snacks are not football exclusive. You can whip any of these up for your favorite game or movie night. Your friends will appreciate having tasty snacks to munch on that won’t make them feel bloated and awful. Be a good friend on the sly and feed your friends the good stuff.
Without further ado, and in no particular order, I bring you a list of ten healthy Super Bowl recipes. You’re welcome in advance. 😉
- Skinny Greek Layer Dip from Well Plated – could this look any tastier?
- Rainbow Spring Rolls from Thirsty for Tea – almost too pretty to eat!
- Zucchini Pizza Bites from The Comfort of Cooking – I’ve made something similar to this and they were to die for! 😱
- Curry Roasted Carrots with Peanut Sauce from yours truly – I don’t mean to brag, but my peanut sauce is out of this world.
- Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Cucumber Bites from Baker by Nature – so simple but so fancy at the same time!
- Hummus Buffalo Dip from the very site you’re on 😉 – No need for wings when you’ve got dip that taste like them.
- Healthy Grilled Sweet Potato Nachos from Pinch of Yum – if you haven’t tried Lindsey’s recipes yet, you’re missing out!
- Honey Garlic Shrimp Skillet from The Cooking Jar – holy yum!
- Baked Black Bean Taquitos – yet another one from me! – try em. They’re tasty.
- Skinny Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Dip from With Salt and Wit – the picture says it all.
May the best team win!