15 easy (and healthy!) Mother’s Day brunch recipes to show your mom how much you care and fill you both up without zapping your energy.
Mother’s day is upon us once again! Yay for moms everywhere!
Mine is particularly awesome, but unfortunately, she lives overseas so brunch isn’t possible tomorrow. Sorry mom! Move back from Seoul and I promise to feed you brunch on the regular.
I know I alluded to how cool my mom is in my last mother’s day post, but seriously you guys, this is one adventurous woman. Her and my dad have been to more countries than most people will ever even think of visiting in their lifetime. Twice now on our traveling adventures, she has been the brave one that stepped up and dealt with dangerous situations (like getting jacked by pedicab drivers in an alley and chasing off a giant baboon) while I quivered in the background on the verge of wetting myself. Thanks for being the tough one mama bear.
But, for those of you that are planning on having a brunch or breakfast with your mom to celebrate, I rounded up some of the best recipe ideas on the internet. Added bonus – they all have a healthy twist!
You know how much I love a good healthy recipe. 😉
We all differ in how we define healthy… which is okay in my book. No two of us are the same so why should our diets be? I personally don’t restrict anything in my diet or follow any special meal plan, but like to provide a variety of options in roundups like this so that there is something for everyone. If one recipe has gluten and that doesn’t fit your diet, scroll on to the next. No biggie.
These recipes showcase fresh fruits, veggies, fiber, protein, and overall add a bit more nutrition than your standard waffles or bacon and eggs combo. That’s how I define healthy. Get your fresh food on! Ditch the preservatives in prepared food and cook it yourself.
No need to pack as much flax as possible into everything you eat until it tastes like cardboard. Just create balance throughout your meals and remember that food is meant to be enjoyed in addition to nourishing you!
If you and your momala choose to top the day off with chocolate cake, power to you ladies. No guilt necessary, savor it and start the next day off with something healthy.
So, without further ado, here are 15 fun and healthy brunch ideas for you and the woman that brought you into the world!
- Smoked Salmon Egg Stuffed Avocados from Grok Grub
- Egg Muffins with Broccoli and Cheddar from Feasting Not Fasting
- Coconut Oil Crepes from Little Broken
- Easy Pumpkin Scones from Feasting Not Fasting
- Breakfast Banana Splits from Art From My Table
- Whole Wheat Yogurt Pancakes from Feasting Not Fasting
- Spinach Protein Waffles from Slim Sanity
- Veggie Loaded Breakfast Casserole from Little Spice Jar
- Summer Peach Upside Down Coffee Cake from Whole and Heavenly Oven
- Sausage Sweet Potato Hash from Feasting Not Fasting
- Granola Parfaits with Peaches and Blueberries from Home and Plate
- Spinach Mushroom Feta Crustless Quiche from Budget Bytes
- Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes from The View From Great Island
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal from Feasting Not Fasting
- Banana Oat Baked French Toast from Running with Spoons
Do you do brunch to celebrate mother’s day or do you have another tradition?